THE HEART OF OUR BUSINESS IS OUR CAPACITY TO DEPLOY SKILLS FOR THE SUCCESS OF A PROJECT
We support our clients throughout the entire life cycle of their projects, from design to commissioning, by integrating constructability issues and safety requirements right from the design phase.
The concept of augmented engineering is to maximise value creation throughout our service.
- Understanding the client’s challenges at an early stage, designing a tailor-made technical solution, as well as delivery and business models
- Ensuring the successful deployment of the solution and onboarding of resources
- Managing performance throughout the project
- Capitalising on our technical knowledge and spreading it throughout the Group
- Taking stock of good practices, lessons learned and the effectiveness of our solution
We provide studies, consulting and engineering services with different levels of responsibility and risk sharing.
Within this framework, our service offer covers five main areas of intervention:
- Technical studies (mechanical design, structural design and calculation, piping, process studies, etc.)
- The control of subcontracting chains (manufacturing audit, monitoring of approvals etc.)
- Construction engineering from the planning and site preparation phases through to commissioning
- Operation and maintenance of the installations
- Advice and support in project management (implementation of quality, safety and environmental standards, document control and validation, etc.)
Our ability to intervene throughout the entire project cycle enables us to make our teams aware of the fundamental challenges of constructability and operation of industrial and energy infrastructures.
Vulcain’s expert vision & skills incubator
Our engineering offices are the foundation of our technical engineering disciplines.
Beyond the projects we carry out there, they are an incubator of skills and a technical “home base” for all our employees.
Our engineering offices study all the phases of an AVP-PRO-DCE-EXE project and are divided by expertise and disciplines that are both varied and complementary.
• PFD/PID, piping, in-line equipment, support
• 3D design under BIM process (AVEVA, HEXAGON, AUTODESK products)
• Cryogenic and high pressure steam flexibility calculations (RCC-M, CODAP, CODETI, EN 13480)
• Isometric books, support books, general and detailed drawings, Bill Of Materials
• BIM Level 2 and 3 (AUTODESK, TRIMBLE, NEMETSCHEK, ABVENT products)
• Management, Coordination, TCE Modelling (ISO 16739:2018 – ISO 19650)
• Drafting of BIM conventions and BIM execution plans
• Support and deployment of BIM processes for companies
• Responsible for a TCE synthesis cell in OpenBIM
• Interoperability and Data Management (IFC / COBie)
• Foundations, slabs, superstructures, steel structures for all applications
• Beam and finite element calculations (RCC-M, EUROCODES)
• ULS/SLS, seismic spectra, tornado, aircraft crash
• Reinforcement ratios, concrete quality
• 3D design under BIM process (TRIMBLE, AVEVA, HEXAGON, AUTODESK products)
• Fabrication file (cuttings, assemblies), formwork and reinforcement drawings
• Definition of voltage level, selectivity, protection
• Cable sizing (CANECO LV)
• Single line design, loop diagrams, cabinets, etc.
• Synchronous and asynchronous V-cycle validation simulations
• Technical and economic studies APS/APD
• Drafting of technical specifications, specification of sensors/actuators
• SIL loop calculations according to HAZOP, installation audits, performances, settings optimisation
• Drafting of functional and organic analyses,…
• Realization of the input/output list and exchange tables
• Realization of the test procedures: FAT / SAT / MES / SAT Static / SAT Dynamic / IQ / OQ / PQ. Software: SIMULATIO.
Today more than ever, our mission is to come up with new solutions to answer the specific needs of our clients.
R&D and Innovation are essential guardians of the development of these solutions, as well as their maturity. This is why Vulcain decided to engage in innovative projects.
OUR 3 AXES OF INNOVATION
Our objective is to ensure that our R&D activities are consistent with our skills and that the application of the results of R&D projects is relevant to our companies.
Our R&D activities are structured in a company programme made of 3 axes and where projects are carried out according to their objectives.