True strategic assets for France, the Nuclear Attack Submarines fulfil many missions to ensure France’s national safety. In order to keep at the highest technological level, a new version of the SNA was developed: the BARRACUDA. Six submarines will replace the old fleet, starting with the Suffren, which will come into active service at the end of 2020.
Site infrastructure :
In order to receive the Barracuda in Toulon, many modifications had to be made to the site’s infrastructures to adapt to the technical specificities of the submarine:
- Operational management of complex systems engineering
- Management of programme requirements and their progress, configuration management and monitoring of compliance feedback.
- Compliance with cost, deadline and performance commitments
- Optimisation of data management
- Participation in the digitisation of maintenance