A €200 million investment to transform Total’s La Mède refinery and create France’s first biorefinery, one of the largest in Europe, to meet the growing demand for biofuels.
The site’s flagship activity will be a world-class biorefinery (500,000 t/year) to produce biodiesel by refining waste oils as a priority and vegetable oils as a complement. TOTAL has chosen a new French technology supplied by Axens which enables the production of a high-quality biodiesel (HVO) that blends perfectly with diesel without any impact on fuel quality or engines, and with no limit on incorporation.
Multidisciplinary engineering studies :
- Instrumentation: Identification of instruments and updating of databases
- Electricity: Technical specifications in the framework of the redesign of new substations
- Control command: Studies and integration of the new Foxboro system
- Civil Engineering: Realization of VRD and underground plans
Preparation and supervision of works :
- Preparation and supervision of electrical equipment
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of electrical equipment and instrumentation
- QC supervision, prefabrication and assembly of piping lines